Saturday, December 12, 2009

Movie and produce deals

One of my more recent finds is a food co-op called Bountiful Baskets. Apparently this has been around for some time and is currently operating in Utah, Arizona, Washington, and Idaho. Most recently, pick-up locations were added in Rexburg and Idaho Falls. How it works, is every two weeks you have the option of purchasing a "basket" in your area. The basket consisits of 50% fruits and 50%vegetables and it is all fresh produce. The big "kicker" in the program, is that you don't know exactly what fruits and vegetable you are getting until you pick up your basket. I just did this for the first time last Saturday and was very impressed with what I got. Oh, the most important part, the basket is $15.00 and you also have the option of adding on other things such as breads, seasonal fruits, or special ingredient packs. So last week this is what I got in my basket:
2 mini watermelons
1 bunch of broccoli
1 head of romaine lettuce
1 carton of strawberries
7 roma tomotoes
9 d'anjou pears
6 cucumbers
5 zucchini
9 bananas
8 oranges
3 green peppers
8 braeburn apples
I also added the 9 grain bread to my order and got 5 loaves for ten dollars. So, I got all of this for $28.00 ( I forgot to mention an extra $3.00 fee for your FIRST basket order. After that, they will only be $15.00).
This is a great deal, especially if you have a large family. It forced me to think outside the box and make things I never had before. I also froze some of what I could to use for later.

If your interested in this, the days to sign up for the next Rexburg or Idaho Falls pick-up will be this Tuesday Dec. 15th starting at 10:00 a.m. to midnight on Wednesday Dec. 16th. There are only so many spots available at each location, and i'm sure as the word is sread they will fill up fast, so if you want to participate I sugest signing up early. To sign up, go the Bountiful Basket home page(I have the link to the right on my blog), on those days and pick your basket, pick-up location, and extras, then pay for it and print out your receipt to take with you to your pick-up spot. The location in Rexburg is the Madison Middle School. There are also different pick-up times for different locations. Last time we picked up at 2:30 p.m. in Rexburg. If you have any further questions about this you can ask me, or visit the pinching your pennies homepage, and then go under the state forums to Idaho, and read the posts under Bountiful Baskets. This is a great program.

Also, Amazon.com currently has some great movie deals going on. Today I ordered the new Harry Potter and the half blood prince and Julie & Julia for only $9.99 each. Check out their site for more great deals across the board. They also offer free super saver shipping if you spend $25 or more on select items.

Have a great weekend, and enjoy the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment